Last week I enjoyed a few days off of school enjoying Thanksgiving break. It was so nice to focus a little less on school and to be able to spend more time with my friends and family. Speaking of friends I thought I thought I would post a little of a letter I wrote to missionary friends because I feel it sums up a little of what I've been up to and felt the last little while.
"Fall has been absolutely beautiful in Cache Valley this year! More colorful than I’ve ever seen it. Fall is my favorite season. I love it so much. Every time I walk up Old Main I can’t help but feel so grateful to live in such a wonderful place. We had our first snow last week so winter is officially here! I’m really excited for the holidays. I’ve already starting listening to Christmas music. I promise I’m not crazy; there is just something about music that makes me so happy. Also, for my work with the USU Extension we have done a few "Holiday Happenings" classes where we give people in the community ideas about how to get organized, cook and have good nutrition, create holiday projects, and get ready for the holiday season. I love my job (it seems more like play) because they are fun subjects that we share with the people of Cache Valley.
Last week USU played BYU in basketball and guess what?! We (USU) won! I am pretty excited about the fact that basketball season is here. I love wearing blue and going to games with friends where we can cheer on our team. It sure is fun!
I've also registered for Spring Semester! I can’t believe that students have to already be thinking ahead so far about the classes that they are going to take for spring, but I guess it’s a helpful thing to know. I was looking at my schedule and realized that I only have three semesters before I’ll be graduated. The crazy thing is that I really only have two more semesters on campus because then I’ll be doing student teaching in a high school. But, I’m pretty positive I'm going to add a Chemistry minor, so I may be on campus a little bit longer which is totally cool. I’m really enjoying college!
I’m thankful that November and December give us a time to think about all of our blessings. I am so grateful that I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I would be lost without the gospel. I love the commandments, church guidelines, and standards that the church has set for us. When living them they bring much peace, harmony, and joy into our lives. I am thankful that we have the scriptures, a living Prophet, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It is wonderful to know that the Lord has provided us with a way that we may hear his words and council. I feel very blessed to know that our Heavenly Father has provided us with a Plan of Salvation. How sweet it is to know that we can live with our families forever. I am especially thankful for our loving Savior Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life and then performed the atonement so that we have the chance to repent of our sins and return to live with our Heavenly Father."
Today I am thankful and feel very blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment