Thursday, September 1, 2011
Books
While preparing for my first week of school I've devoted some time to the task of getting my college textbooks. It seems as if the number of books I'm required to get is increasing, while the price of textbooks is increasing as well. While looking for my books, I was reminded of my days in elementary school when book shopping was exciting and something I looked forward to. I remember being so excited to visit the library when the school had a book fair. It was so fun to look through the collection of new books that were available for us young children to buy. I loved looking at the colorful books that lined the metal shelves, while picking up a few and thumbing through the pages. I also remember what a delight it was to have book orders passed out to the class a few times a year. I spent a lot of time looking through each column of the book orders, searching for something that I might enjoy reading. I was always in high hopes that my mom or dad would give me a few dollars so I could buy a paperback. Ha ha now while in college I have to spend a couple hundred dollars in order to get the books I need. Oh how I miss those elementary book buying days. Thank goodness for scholarships and good friends who are happy to rent or lend their books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment